Thursday, July 3

Baby Super Glue

We had our first hospital worthy accident yesterday and I'm still feeling pretty terrible about it... It went down like this:




I had just changed Dylan's diaper and I put him on the floor to play while I grabbed an outfit out of the closet. I knew Dylan was fine playing in the corner of his room with a stack of baby books. All of the sudden I hear him screaming and I think to myself "What? Did you pinch your finger in a book?" So, I turn around to look at him and I see blood coming out of his head... like dripping down his face and everything. HOLY CRAP! So I scream for Steven and go to pick Dylan up... that's whan I see it. He must have pulled on the cord of the sound machine and that's what him in the head. OUCH! Bad mommy! I usually have the cord tucked away so he can't see it, but since he was asleep when we came home the other night, I just set it on the shelf and plugged it in. So, steven took him to get stitches this morning, but they ended up using 'super glue' (the medical kind) it instead. They said it would leave less of a scar. It's a cut about an inch long, maybe less. I swear... I baby proofed that room like a mad woman and I 'knew' there was nothing for him to get hurt on in there. It's such a bummer and I'm so mad at myself. I know it's going to leave a scar, but I'm hoping it's not too bad. I just wish it wasn't in such a visable spot.

No comments: