Wednesday, August 26

Yes, we had a baby.. a BOY!

Welcome DEEGAN!



















OK, so it was over a month ago and I'm just now updating the blog... sorry gang!

Here are his stats:
Deegan Michael Oliver
Born July 24, 2009 at 5:49 pm
6 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches

Background: If you didn't already know, I had been home on bedrest since June 23rd for pre-term contractions. I went to the hospital a few times and was given some drugs to stop the contractions, but my cervix didn't change, so I wasn't 'really' in labor... I was just having contractions every 3-5 minutes. Let me tell you, that was not fun. Neither were the hemerroids. OK, I said it. I had a procedure done on one and it was pretty awful... well, beyone awful but I'll spare everyone the details. Anyway, I called the OB to see if it was OK to take the pain killers the other doc gave me and after discussing other options (like a c-section to avoid pushing) my group of doctors got together and decided it was best to just go ahead and induce labor. I had an amniocentesis done to make sure the baby's lungs were mature (they were) and the induction was a go for the next day.

D-Day: The induction went smoothly. My mom was there along with Dorothy and Amy. It took a bit longer than I thought it would, but once my water was broken, the baby was born within 2 hours. It was such a different delivery than Dylan's... no pain at ALL. Man, I loved that!! I let the nurse know I was feeling some pressure and she came to check me and I was a '10' all we had to do was wait for the doctor to arrive and for the room to be prepped. This picture is of us just before I started pushing...
AND it only took ONE push for the baby to be born... Steven screamed "ITS A BOY!!"... I think we were both pretty shocked at how fast it went!! I pushed for a 1/2 hour with Dylan, so one push was entirely unexpected, but pretty thrilling. He looked so small, but he cried right away. It was a great cry, but not nearly as loud as Dylan was when he was born.


OK, so without further ado... here is a picture or two from Deegan's Birthday...

No comments: